(1) Gather tinder: twigs, dead branches, dry bark, grass, pine needles, lint or paper
(2) Hold the magnesium rod at an angle above your tinder pile
(3) Use the striker to scrape along the length of the magnesium rod to create shavings
(4) Let the shavings fall into your tinder pile
(5) Keep scraping until you've scraped a pile of shavings amounting approximately to the size of a quarter coin
(6) Hold the flint at an angle over the pile of magnesium shavings, then slide your striker along the length of the flint forcefully to create sparks
(7) Continue to slide striker against the flint until the sparks you've created land directly onto the pile of magnesium shaving & tinder and ignite the fire
(8) Once ignited, blow gently on the magnesium shavings to spread flames to the rest of your tinder
Great for Emergencies, Sparking Fires, Camping, Hiking Etc.
Overall Length : 4-1/16"
Flint Length : 2-13/16"
Flint Diameter: 5/16"
Please note: If the listing says "In-Stock" it means we have the item(s) in stock. Please check this LINK to view our most up to date shipping status. Warranty, Returns & Terms: MMC Armory offers a 30 day return, refund and exchange policy. You must email or call MMC Armory and obtain an RMA number prior to any return, refund, or exchange. All returns must include the original order number, receipt or invoice, along with the customers billing address, shipping address, contact phone numbers, contact emails, and RMA number. Returns, refunds, and exchanges may take up to two weeks, not including transit times, for processing after we have received return product. Return shipping costs will be the responsibility of the returning party, with the exception of the wrong item being received or on warranty exchange during the first 30 days after delivery. Items returned for warranty will only be replaced or exchanged, no refund given on warranty items.